Image: Panelists at the 12th Annual IUCN UK Peatland Programme Conference. Photography credit: IUCN UK
The 12th IUCN UK Peatland Programme conference took place in Aberystwyth, Wales, on 4-6 October. WaterLANDS Coordinator Craig Bullock of University College Dublin presented at the conference.
The annual conference presents opportunities for policymakers, scientists, land managers and practitioners from different disciplines to share their knowledge of peatland conservation and management.
The 3-day event saw over 200 local, national and international delegates come together to explore themes including:
- progress made towards UK Peatland Strategy goals
- scaling up delivery of restoration
- update on key peatland topics
- natural capital and innovative investment
- evidence and priority research needs
- restoration challenges, new developments and best practice.
Field trips to surrounding peatlands on 5 October highlighted the delivery of restoration and conservation work across Wales.