Peatlands 101 for Investors - webinar
A webinar held in March 2023 "Peatlands 101 for Investors" aimed to introduce investors to the many opportunities associated with peatland restoration, both for climate change mitigation, biodiversity preservation, and as a commercially viable investment opportunity.
A number of projects and initiatives were presented during the webinar, including the WaterLANDS project.
Investors were left with six calls to action:
- Do no harm through corporate engagement by assessing whether peat degradation is in your portfolios.
- Encourage companies to set targets and measure progress using frameworks such as SBTi FLAG, GHG Protocol or TNFD.
- Advocate for policies advancing the restoration of peatlands, such as restoration targets under the EU Nature Restoration Law (NRL).
- Champion alternative uses for peatlands that are climate-friendly and provide viable nature based solutions.
- Explore finance restoration projects that restore peatlands and deliver community benefits.
- Assess the WaterLANDS network and see where you can suggest tangible points of investment or collaboration.
Watch the webinar recording on YouTube, or download the slides below.